Wednesday, June 11, 2008

School's Out!!

I never thought the day would come that I would be more excited for school to end. I always thought that as a student it was the best day ever - I have a renewed appreciation for the last day of school and I am 100% confident that the teachers are more excited about it than the kids!

I received this plant from a family that I saw their little preschooler once a week. She got it for me because it says "try" and I always make her try things, even if they are hard, at least a couple of times. Aren't I a mean teacher?!?! However, I wasn't sure what to do with it since I had almost killed it in the last 2 weeks of school, so I took a picture of it to commemorate my first year completed :)


For our big end of the year celebration you will note on the building behind these lovely gals that we attended, none other than the best buffet ever, Chuck-A-Rama (cough, cough, gag). And we were required to pay for the $10 meal ourselves - what a send off! Needless to say, these are two special ed teachers that won't be coming back to my school next year and I'm sad :(


This is a gem of a picture isn't it?!?!


And the laughs just keep on coming... us Special Ed have to stick together!! (There are a few more on our team that chose not to attend this delightful lunch and leave work early:)

No comments: