My dad has supported me through schooling and life and continues to do so. I always think of him when someone mentions P.E.F. (Perpetual Education Fund) or swimming (and yes - he still has all his trophies and is willing to share them with anyone who will listen!). He has given the "buck up" speech to the point of exhaustion and tells pretty lame jokes that he thinks are hilarious. He even waits for others to laugh at his joke and acknowledge it before moving on... But I love him anyway!
I love my grandpa too. He is the only grandpa that I remember (my paternal grandfather passed away when I was young). And visiting California is never complete without a visit to see him. Hot chocolate, crosswords, gardening and baseball are just a few words that always remind me of him :)
I am very appreciative for the fathers and grandfathers in my life! Even those I don't remember or know have helped shaped the men that I do know and for that I am eternally grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment