Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cali

I went to Los Angeles to visit my parents with my sister and her family. I flew out with Hannah and then my brother-in-law and sister drove out in the van with gobs of stuff for my parents and the two boys. I got the better end of that deal for sure!
We went to visit grandpa Toolson in San Diego one day. We had to take our classic picture by grandpa's chair, but my niece wasn't too interested. She wanted to make sure I wasn't going to leave her there to fend for herself with grandpa!
We went to an indoor park one day to help get some energy out of the kids. My niece thought it was great and surprisingly enough, my nephews thought it was pretty fun too. I convinced my mom to give me some quarters so that I could make the ride go. My niece was on cloud nine :)
A lot of nights were spent swimming in the pool at the hotel. Now you are wondering why all of my pictures are with my niece. The boys can't sit still long enough to take a picture and it usually involves a lot of guilt and bribing to get it done. My niece is readily available for the most part.
Plus she was almost always with me if she wasn't with her mom. She liked to talk to Nana and Papa, but wasn't too sure about them getting too close to her.
And just because they are cute - here are most of my nephews and niece. Adorable. Well, I think so at least! My sister-in-law flew out with her boys the same day that I drove home with my sister and her kids. I sat in the back to keep my niece happy ("We're back yard friends, the Backyardigans") and my sister drove. Worked out great for me - minus the Backyardigan songs that are STILL stuck in my head!

No comments: