Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Christmas

I went to spend Christmas with my mom and dad in Los Angeles who are currently serving as Mission President and Wife for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I helped with some baking and wrapping and all things "last minute" Christmas. We were able to Skype Christmas morning with my sister and her kids; and then my brother with his kids. But, when there are only 3 people, there really isn't a need to take pictures to document events.

But before I went out to visit my parents, I helped my sister's family decorate their Christmas tree.
My job consisted of untangling ornaments and ...
giving child-proof ornaments for my niece to hang up (all in the same exact spot, which then proceeded to fall and then be re-hung by my sister or brother-in-law).

I also had the pleasure of helping one of my nephews build a candy train for his teacher.It required a lot of concentration and motivation to finish the task at hand. The candy is just so yummy... (for the child of course, I would never be tempted).
And the final product! I have a greater appreciation for my mom and all of the Christmas crafts she would do with us when we were kids. I was only helping one child and it wore me out!

No comments: